Finding A New Focus

Sometimes I like to think of the mind being almost like a garden. The flowers and other plants that exist in your mental garden are a reflection of how closely you care for them.

Let's say that these flowers represent the thoughts that you have. If you take care of your thoughts and "water" them with goodness and happiness, your flowers will thrive. If you ignore what your flowers need, they will wilt and ultimately you will not function properly.


I have decided to challenge all of you to find a new focus, and in doing so really try watering the flowers that you have ignored for so long. I am on the same journey, so you are definitely not alone in this.

My focus recently has been on homework, exams and my job. While this is all good and well, I will admit I have made certain mistakes that have prevented me from living my life to the fullest.


Even though I know I cannot ignore these things in my life, I have decided to make my personal health my first priority. If I am unable to take care of myself, how I can I expect myself to be there for others when they need me? How can I expect to live my life the way I should?

There are so many good things about the lives that we live. The way the snow falls, the sweet smell of cookies baking, the bright stars at night... The list goes on, and on. Taking the time to appreciate these things is so very important, and I urge you all to make this your new focus.


I like to believe that the best way to find a new focus is to gear it towards the things that make you happy. If you are unhappy in your situation, make some decisions to start living your life in a different way.

I have included a link here to an article that helped me piece together what I needed to change in my own life in order to move forward and be a healthier person.

If you are still having trouble with finding a new focus, talk to someone who understands and cares about you. Whether it is a trusted friend, family member, or therapist, they will be able to help you and bring you out of the rut you are in.

Talk to you soon,
Anne

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Reasons Why Personal Days Are Important

Living With Confidence